Are you thinking of visiting Almeria, or are you already here, and want to hire a guided tour to get to know the city, which is the most classic and effective experience to soak up the atmosphere. If this is the case and you also want to have the essential information in a single document, this is your post. I leave you the phones and the direct links in case you want more information, and also at the end of the post you have a map where you can easily locate the sites and attractions mentioned (it's impossible to make it easier!!):
Where to park in the centre of Almeria
It's not a minor issue. The historic centre is not extensive and you will hardly get lost, although depending on where you stay it may be necessary to use the car to get there. Although is still a quiet and safe cityThe most comfortable option if you go to the historical center is to park in a parking lot. Some of the most recommended are, among others, the parking lot Purchena DoorThe St. Peter's Square, o Real Street 55. From any of them you will arrive in less than 10 minutes to the starting point of the chosen tour.
What to see in Almeria
These are some of the attractions that will be included in the guided tour you choose, although if any of your special interest is left out you can visit it on your own. With this information you will be on the safe side:
- The essential is Almería´s Alcazabawhich at present (June 2020) is free. It is important to remember that a good level must be overcome to access it, so some elderly people or those with reduced mobility will not have it easy. It closes at 18.00 in winter and 22.00 in summer, while on Sundays and public holidays it closes at 15.00. The result is fundamental hire a guided tourfor only then will you truly appreciate it.
- The Cathedral of the Incarnation is not usually included in any The bishopric works with its own company. The general entrance fee is 5 ?, offering discounts for seniors and groups. It is usually open until 18,30 in winter and 20,30 in summer, and the access is done by the Velazquez Street (950 234 848).
- One of the main tourist attractives of the city, the The Civil War air-raids sheltersThe interesting visit about 45 minutes through that life-saving underworld. The overall price is 3 pax. It is necessary book as far in advance as possible (950 268 696) o contact me around here.
- The IPC (Heritage Interpretation Centre), located in the Constitution Squarewell deserves a . It's a pleasant and modern museum about the history of the city whose visit is free (671 09 99 81).
- Other highly recommended options are the House of Cinema (950 210 030), the Guitar Museum (950 274 358), both with a price of 3 pax, the Jairan cisterns (950 273 039) and the magnificent Almeria Museum (950 100 409), an original and attractive proposal to immerse yourself in the treasures of Almeria's archaeology. Except for the Casa del Cine and the Museum of Almeria, the rest of the destinations are in the historic centre, with no more than a 10-minute walk from one site to another. And if you are still in good spirits, a visit to the Central Market won't leave you indifferent.
- Finally, it never hurts to know where the Municipal Tourist Office, (950 210 538 / 950 270 848) which is located in the Almeria Walkway.
Where to eat in Almeria
An unbeatable offer is what you will find in Almeria, Spanish capital of Gastronomy 2019as the whole city is plagued by bars & restaurants where to taste tapas & rations of the best products of the land and the sea. Obviously the historic centre is no exception and if you move around the Jovellanos, Real or Trajano streets you can easily check. To find out to eat and where, you just have to click here.
Which tour to choose in Almeria
The offer is also varied, since currently touring is very fashionable, although care!! since not everyone who organizes a tour is legally entitled to do so. Therefore the safest option and the one that will leave you more satisfied is to resort to a official tourist guideThe information provided will certainly be the best you can find.
On the other hand, if you're coming in first, the best thing is a guided that shows you an overview of the city (including whether or not the Alcazaba), although if you are a repeater a thematic visit (Muslim Almeria, shelters, gastronomy ...) can be a good choice. On the municipal website of Almeria Tourism you will find all the offer of available activities and experiences with regard to leisure, sport, culture, nature…
And if you come in the summer, (very important!!!) make sure that the tour that you choose is from 7:00 p.m.!